* The Christian population of Iraq is less than half what it was in 2003 and their churches, houses and businesses have been damaged or destroyed.
* The Syrian Christian population has halved since 2010.
* Christian communities that were the foundation of the universal Church now face the threat of imminent extinction.
* Only 1 in 400 Syrian Christians were given refuge in the UK even though their lives were under threat.
* An estimated 10 percent of Syrians are Christians, and the number of those granted asylum in the UK has plummeted since 2016.